If you’re looking for a quick and easy salad recipe for July 4th, then I found the one for you! It’s always nice to try new things or switch up how you make your staples, especially with salads. So try this updated version of a cucumber and tomato concoction!
- 2 medium cucumbers, roughly peeled and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Italian vinaigrette
- Mix tomato, cucumber, and onion in a bowl or plastic bag with vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and let marinade in refrigerator for a couple hours.
- When ready to serve, take the marinading vegetables out of the fridge. You have two options here: you can either pour out the bit of vinegar and oil that is left in the mix first, or just add the vinaigrette and feta and give it a toss.