My glamorous friends…don’t let your sweet tooth get in the way of your bikini body that you’ve been working on for the anticipation of summer! Instead, try a way healthier alternative to ice cream that still gives you the sweetness that you’re craving but without all the added calories! These recipes come from PopSugar so feel free to head on over and check out the other ice cream recipes they have. These are my favorite three. Enjoy!!
CHOCOLATE BANANA SOFT SERVE
- 1 frozen banana peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Combine frozen banana, cocoa powder, and almond butter in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately and add your favorite toppings (raspberries, almonds, chocolate chips, etc.)
HEALTHIFIED SUPREME CHUNKY MONKEY ICE CREAM
- 5 bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 2 tbsp nut butter – I used raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- Place frozen bananas, almond butter, and coconut in your food processor. Pulse until a large mass develops. If the banana isn’t binding, try adding 1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk or allowing the bowl to sit for 1 minute or so to defrost slightly
- Drop ball of soft serve into a large bowl and mix in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Serve immediately
**You could try adding cacao powder and a pinch of stevia to the banana mixture for a fudge version!
STRAWBERRY PRETZEL ICE CREAM
- 3/4 C light coconut milk
- 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1 package of Delta pretzels, slightly broken up (probably 3-4 regular pretzels)
- Combine all ingredients EXCET the pretzels in a blender. Blend until smooth-ish (I left a few bites of strawberry).
- Pour into ice cream maker and process as directed by manufacturer, adding pretzels in the last 1-2 mins.
- Scoop into 2 bowls and enjoy!